Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Family History

I am the Keeper of my Family History. I have been researching my Family History for many years and I will continue to do so probably until I can't log on to my computer anymore.

I spend tons of money and countless hours on this research. There is a filing cabinet in my office that is overflowing with files and photos and letters that I really need to get organized.

In my family tree (and in almost everyones) there are some heros and there are some not so heroic figures also.

Our children need to know. In everyone the is an inborn desire to know where you came from. Why you look like you do? My Grandkids are extremly beautiful and I know they didnt get that from me.

Ancestry.com is great. I can spend hours and hours there. If you ever get a chance you should go there and see if you can solve some of your family puzzles. It's fun to be a detective and search out the little things that never get talked about, but just beware. You might find out something that was kept secret for a long time. And YES, All families have secrets hidden in thier Family Tree

My Family came to the USA from England in the mid-1600's. They settled in New Jersey. They moved from there to the Carolinas and then to Arkansas and eventually we wound up in the great State of Texas. We have had heros and scoundrels in every war.

One thing I have noticed is that I come from a long line of Preachers and farmers. I sometimes joke that there was not an honest living made by any of them. But I guess Farming is good honest work.

Keep records and tell your children about your history. They WANT to know.


I promised you in my last blog to put pictures of Alexis and Haley on here today so here they are.

;


Remember it is important that You always FEEL GOOD

No comments: